Typical cleanup process
Successful cleaning depends on four factors and the process is described in the professional context under the name "Sinnerscher Kreis":
- Chemical energy (detergent)
- Mechanical energy (process or cleaning method)
- Time (contact detergent or disinfectant time)
- Temperature (depending on the pollution between cold and 60 °, in special cases, surfaces in contact with food can be washed with lukewarm water, but this is not a rule)
Cleaning the contact surface in contact with the product in the food industry includes the following steps:
- Pre-cleaning (frequently removes the original impurities manually)
- Pre-washing (loose and clogged dirt if necessary)
- Cleaning (use and effect of detergent)
- Check the cleaning result
- Fine washing
Cleaner and interaction with PU belt
|Detergent group||Application||Compatible with conveyor belts and PU profiles|
|Neutral||Suitable for a variety of applications, with good fat and protein release characteristics||resistant|
|Alkaline||Suitable for removing carbohydrate, fat and protein deposits||resistant|
|Acidic||Remove inorganic components such as salt, calcium and lime||resistant|
|Chlorinated||Eliminates stubborn organic residues, such as proteins, carbohydrates and bleaches||not recommanded|
The test results are determined under laboratory conditions and therefore only indicate chemical resistance.
In the food industry, four main types of detergents are used: neutral, alkaline, acidic and chlorinated.
Food manufacturers are responsible for choosing the best cleaning methods and detergents.
We are happy to advise you on the selection of conveyor belts and any questions suitable for your production process.